Saturday, August 4, 2007

Friday afternoon thoughts


I've been thinking a lot about my time in Japan. Mostly because I just miss it so damn much and cannot wait to go back. But seriously, when I think about this past summer and the people I met and the things that I learned there is one things that I have realized. For the first time in my life I actually feel like I am a part of something bigger. And that is so comforting. I have been struggling to create a path for myself and now I am finally seeing one open before me. I can't believe how lucky I am.

I feel like my ADD is killing my creativity. I used to be able to sit for hours in front of my keyboard or in front of a notebook and play or write until my fingers were sore, but now I can hardly sit still for thirty minutes just to write a few paragraphs or play a few songs. It's so goddamn frustrating to feel like I can't control my own mind.

Maybe I'm trying to focus on the wrong things...

1 comment:

Volare said...

Dear D,
Are you still blogging? Please drop me a line (or two) and let me know how your life is going.
-Ale