Friday, June 22, 2007

Delayed

Man, I actually had enough work and stuff to keep me busy enough today that I didn't even realize I didn't write in my blog until just now. It's about 6:10 and I'm still at the office (not because I have to be, but because I have no plans and figured I'd stick around and use the internet for a little while longer).

I did indeed cancel going to the open mic last night because I was too tired, and then to make myself even more tired I actually played soccer yesterday after work with some of the guys who live in my building, who I'm just now becoming friends with. There was Mauricio, from Brazil, who actually works in the building (been working there for 3 years). And then Eddie, from Chile, who also works in the building and has been for about 1.5 years. And finally Coby, from Ghana, who seems to be very good friends with Mauricio and Eddie, but I'm not sure if he works in the building or is just staying there, nor do I know how long he's been here. I will work on finding these things out.

Also, I ate dinner at a ramen shop that I walk past pretty much every day and has always seemed to be pretty crowded. When I walked past it last night it seemed to be relatively empty (it was a bit on the early side for dinner), so I figured it would be a good time to go check it out. I got some pork miso ramen dish because the waitress told me it was the most popular, and it was fanTAStic! I'm totally gonna eat there like every other night from now on, haha. Not really, but I will certainly be eating there at least a few more times before I leave.

Tomorrow I decided I will go to a Mobile Electronics Show in Chiba (a 30-40 minute train ride). Mobile electronics is pretty much what this country has proven they do best in recent years, so it should prove to be pretty awesome. Hopefully they'll allow pictures. I think I'll go there early and then afterwards I can explore Chiba a little bit for the rest of the day. I have really no plans this weekend. I wanted to hang out with Kie (hehe), but she's going to her cousin's wedding this weekend. On Sunday there are a couple things, I suppose: A comic convention at Big Sight (I have always wanted to go to a Japanese comic convention, so I'll probably end up going there), there's some street hockey on Sunday afternoon (but it will most likely be unbearably hot, so I'm not too sure if I'll go to that), and a band I met not too long ago is playing a live in Shimokitazawa. I'm not sure what time it's at, but I've been wanting to revisit Shimokitazawa because it was a neat area so if it's in the evening I'll probably go to that.

It's about 6:30 now so I think I'm ready to head home. I'm getting sleepy already...

No comments: