Thursday, June 14, 2007

Work!

I was given an actual real good bit of work to do today! It was fun. We're getting a brand new client that makes high-end custom wood furniture for home/office (and for churches, but I doubt they'll sell any of that stuff here!), so Ted gave me the assignment of researching the Wood Furniture/Home and Office Furniture market in Japan and preparing a little market background statement for them. So I researched on some government sites, etc. and finally gathered enough relevant information and Ted showed me a little sample statement that they had from a previous client, so I threw together a little single-paragraph background statement on the furniture market in Japan! I know, I'm dorky, but I'm excited about it.

I suppose while I'm here, I should disclose my plans for the evening (even though I probably already wrote it sometime earlier this week): Tonight Yuki is playing her first real solo show. She's been playing solo at the Ruby Room, but that doesn't really count cuz it's an open mic. This is like, for real, she's opening for some other band or something. Pretty exciting. Anyways, that's taking place in Shinjuku, and I have yet to go to Shinjuku since I got here, despite it being a pretty popular area, so I'll probably head over there a little early and just walk around a bit, see the area. I think there's a lot of department stores there. I'm not sure, though. I'll check my guidebook before I head out tonight.

Note to self: need to remember to check weather reports in the morning before you leave. It is raaainy today and I did not bring my umbrella. Thank god they're cheap and you can get them just about anywhere, but still. I don't want to amass a plethora of umbrellas. That would do me no good.

One last thing, met the people who live next door to me. They're Chinese! Didn't get to talk much because I was on my way out to the Ruby Room, but the older lady may have been hitting on me. I'm not sure. She kept saying how cool and handsome I was and then giggling. It was odd. And slightly uncomfortable. Maybe next time will be better.

No comments: