Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Now to the real news

So as you can see, I wrote last night (see the post below). That felt damn good. I haven't really written any fiction in like a year. I haven't really had the time to, I guess. I wrote it over dinner at a Thai place that I discovered is right around the corner from a Chinese place that's right down the street from my place.

It's Wednesday! So it's back to the Ruby Room tonight. I love that place. Hanging out there on Saturday with everyone was really fun. I may have to go back there this weekend, if I've got nothing else to do. Lauren Linderman, one of my (now former) classmates from Wash U. is in town and said she'd probably be able to come to the show tonight! Exciting. I'm not real good friends with her or anything, but it's still cool to see somebody you know when you're a bajillion miles from home (I don't know the actual estimated distance, so I rounded up).

Today is the day we go to the bio-tech convention at Big Sight, so we'll be leaving for that in about 40 minutes. It's at least bound to be more interesting than the auto service show, right? Although this time we don't have any clients to meet up with or anything.

I've been drinking these one liter bottles of mandarin orange juice (my god, so good) just about every day, while at work. There's a little store run by this cute old couple that's right on my path to work that sells the bottles of it, and I stop by there almost every morning. 230 yen for a 1-liter bottle. It more or less just ends up becoming my breakfast. They know me now and pull out a bottle for me right away whenever I come in now. They're very sweet.

Completely unrelated to me and Japan and anything: Paul told me about this new HBO show called "Flight of the Conchords." Flight of the Conchords is actually a comedy-folk duo from New Zealand and they've performed all over the world. Their show is about an unpopular folk duo from New Zealand trying to make their way in New York City. The first episode is online at their HBO homepage (click here to go there), and I highly recommend everybody watch it. It is so funny. I watched it last night before I went to bed, and then watched a couple parts of it again because I loved it so much. There are also plenty of videos of them from other performances over on Youtube (click here).


All right. Have a good Tuesday night, everybody!

Love,
Lawrence

update: we're just about to leave, but I wanted to say I've been working on this story some more (again, see below), and I am really enjoying writing again. This will be my new thing to do when I'm bored at work now! I'll be sure to keep you all updated on it, too. Bye!

No comments: