Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Time takes time, you know

I have noticed that the mornings seem to go by quite fast here, but then the time between lunch and 5:00 just seems to crawl by. I suppose it's pretty 当たり前 (atarimae; natural, as expected), but it's just interesting to me because I don't even really feel bored here in the afternoons. There's certainly plenty for me to keep myself busy with. Also, my fingernails seem to grow inhumanly fast. I know that's totally random but I cut them like 4 days ago and I feel like I need to cut them again already. Is that normal?

So while perusing the internet, I came across the new commercials Apple put out for the iPhone. Is it just me, or does anybody else feel like Apple is getting ready to take over the world? I mean, I know they've got some stiff competition with Starbucks and McDonalds and Nestle, but seriously, can this company ever put out a product that isn't stellar anymore?

Oh, today for lunch I went to a new place: a little udonya (Udon/noodle shop) where you just stand at the bar and eat the food. Basically made for businessman who have a short lunch break, etc. It was okay, but not great. I probably won't go there again. but anyways, one thing that was cool was I saw them serve some guy some kind of egg that was about the size of a robin's egg, but it was grey, and the dude just ate it raw. I looked at the menu, but I don't know the characters (or really the words themselves) for most birds, so it didn't help. yikes, though. yikes...

No comments: